Tasting Room Manager
We are a craft brewery in Anaheim, CA, looking for an extraordinary Tasting Room Manager to sustain and grow our vision. This is a hands-on hospitality role, responsible for providing a world-class guest experience both personally and through management of a stellar tasting room team.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Hands-on management & oversight of all tasting room operations and interaction with brewery guests to ensure a flawless experience.
- Manage and report inventories for beer, merchandise, glassware, snacks & non-alcoholic beverages, consumables, and point-of-sale materials. Order as necessary while tracking costs.
- Work with Operations Manager to achieve tasting room financial & qualitative goals.
- Accurately manage cash and bank deposits.
- Ensure POS menu items & descriptions, as well as collateral materials, promotional signage, and displays are all up-to-date, accurate, appealing and engaging for guests. Update social review platforms (e.g. Untappd) with new beer & menu information.
- Coordinate with the Production & Marketing departments regarding new beer tappings, events, promotions, & special hours.
- Work regular bar shifts as required (2-3 per week).
- Plan, coordinate & promote food vendors.
- Recruit, train, supervise, support, challenge, and manage a superior tasting room team, including performing all periodic and annual reviews, documenting issues & implementing discipline plans according to company policy and providing recommendations for advancement or dismissal as necessary.
- Create and maintain staff schedules to provide excellent service while adhering to budgets.
- Oversee cleaning of the non-production areas of the facility.
- Provide leadership and support a strong team-centered environment.
- Passion for beer and hospitality with a strong beer knowledge.
- 3+ years experience managing staff in the hospitality industry.
- Experience coaching teams to success with an emphasis on achieving goals.
- Professional, warm and welcoming personal presentation.
- A positive attitude, excellent follow-through, and attention to detail.
- Self-motivated and able to act independently to solve problems as they occur.
- Ability to multitask, balancing guest needs with operational & administrative work.
- Experience with financial management including tracking budget to actual performance against key tasting room metrics (visitor traffic, sales, return traffic).
- Ability to work a flexible schedule with frequent nights, weekends & some holidays.
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite, including Word & Excel; GSuite, and a Mac environment.
- Proficiency with point of sale systems.
- Class C license and a clean driving record.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and sit for extended periods of time; walk; kneel/crouch; smell; taste; lift 55+ pounds; maneuver 160+ pounds.
Pay: $23.00 – $26.00 per hour
Expected hours: 32 – 40 per week
- Employee discount
- Paid sick time
- Paid time off
- Evening shift
- Weekends as needed
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Anaheim, CA 92801: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Hospitality Management: 3 years (Required)
Drop your email here:
Be amongst the first to know about new awesomeness!